Before one week ago, i have got a project from my client to upload website files to her server via filezilla ftp client. Till one day getting that project, I have used filezilla without any issue, all are working exactly. But when i started to working on that project, before it i have updated my filezilla ftp client. Then i cannot get directory listing of server.
I have searched for the solution. I got points to get directory listing. it is very simple and easy to follw. If you get stuck with failing directory listing in filezilla ftp client. These steps will help you, sure.
Go to file menu and select site manager
Ok when you click on site manager you will get window titled website manager
Next steps are very important in connecting our filezilla ftp client with the server. For this, follow these steps
1) Go to file in menu
2) Click on website manager
3) In the right side of your window, you can see some tabs named General, Advanced, Transfer settings and charset.
Click on General tab.
4) Enter Host name in the text box provided. Put port number 21 in the text box for port.
5)For Protocol, select ftp(file transfer protocol) fro drop-down
6) This sixth step is important in this action, Next we have to go on encryption settings. You have to select “only use plain ftp(insecure) from drop-down.
7) please select Log on type as “normal” from drop-list.
8) Next put username and password details of ftp and then click connect. I am sure you will connect with your server.
Ok , I hope this article will be very helpful for those who are experiencing the problem “Directory listing failed” in filezilla ftp client.